The academic timetable runs from Monday to Friday. There are no lessons on Saturday. Sports matches take place after school and on some Saturdays while extracurricular activities take place at lunchtime, after school and with specific boarders’ activities at the weekend.
Years 7 – 9
Pupils in Years 7 – 9 study:
• Modern languages: French, German and Spanish are taught in the first term of Year 7, after which pupils choose two languages to study to the end of Year 9
• Creative and Performing Arts: one hour a week each of dance, drama, music, art and DT
• Religious education
In Year 9, pupils have an additional PSME session covering modules including careers, financial awareness, sex education, citizenship and drugs education.
Years 10 – 11 (GCSEs)
Pupils in Years 10 – 11 study nine or 10 GCSEs. The core subjects are:
• English literature
• A modern foreign language
• Double or, by invitation, triple award science
• A creative/performing subject: fine art, graphic design, DT, dance, drama, music or PE.
The remaining subjects are chosen according to the pupils’ interests and talents, although we encourage them to include at least one humanity subject (history, geography or business studies).
Photography GCSE is also offered as an extracurricular activity after school.
All pupils have one lesson of enrichment, such as Frensham and the wider world, critical thinking and careers. All also take part in PE/games that include an element of Outdoor Education.