Getting To & From School
Getting to and from school
Junior School: parents are asked to use the Main Car Park, which is clearly signposted as you turn into Frensham Heights Road, and walk with your children to and from the Junior School. Some also take advantage of the café that is run in the Aldridge Theatre Foyer first thing in the morning (to coincide with drop off times) and in the afternoons (to coincide with pick up times).
Middle School and Sixth Form: we operate a one-way system for dropping off and picking up for students. There are a few spaces for limited waiting but please don’t use these for long-term parking. Many parents opt to use the Main Car Park, which is clearly signposted as you turn into Frensham Heights Road. Some also take advantage of the café that is run in the Aldridge Theatre Foyer first thing in the morning (to coincide with drop off times) and in the afternoons (to coincide with pick up times).
Please try to use either the drop-off zone or the Main Car Park, rather than driving up to Main House and the Music School or down to the Studios and Art Centre. This is really to keep as many areas as possible free of cars at a time when many children are out and about on site and when staff are trying to park in the allocated staff areas.
For those parents who will be collecting their child(ren) by car: please can you let them know where you will be (eg at the drop-off zone or the Main Car Park) and when. Please keep in mind which days your child is due to have an after-school extracurricular activity (ECA) and that there are no after-school ECAs on Fridays.
Students in Year 7 and above are allowed to ride their bike to school as long as they agree to follow sensible expectations:
- When riding on the school campus, they must ride their bike in a safe and considerate way
- All students in Years 7 to 11 must wear a helmet; Sixth Formers can make their own sensible decision (all students must wear a helmet if going off campus)
- They agree they are responsible for their bike irrespective of who is riding it
- They should park their bikes in the bike racks
- They should ensure their bike is roadworthy, including lights
We have a pump track that students can enjoy in term time only. The parents of any student wanting to use the track must complete a permission contract, which they can get from the Head of Outdoor Education. Students are expected to follow the Mountain Bike Responsibility Code, which is available from the Head of Outdoor Education and displayed near the pump track itself.
By school bus/coach
We are delighted to confirm that from September 2018 school bus routes will run as follows:
- An afternoon return coach at 5.30pm to match the current morning Guildford service
- An afternoon return minibus at 5.30pm to match the current morning Haslemere run
- A morning minibus service between Frensham Heights and Fleet (this route does not currently have a return service due to lack of demand)
- The daily minibus shuttle to and from Farnham Station will continue to operate
- The weekend Waterloo coach service will also continue to run out on Friday at 4.30pm and back on Sunday at 6.30pm
School transport is available to students from Year 4 upwards. Parents need to be aware that the buses are unsupervised and operate much like public transport. Where possible, students below Year 7 are strongly advised to travel with an older sibling.
If you have any queries about the bus routes or to check availability, please contact Liz Bownass-Clark at [email protected]
For airport transfers to the school, we recommend using:
Sapphire Taxis (01252 717100) – contact Robin or Sue
Orange Taxis (01252 364666)